1 large russet potato
1 large yam
3 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel potato and yam. In a large pan, drizzle oil over medium high heat.
2. Grate the russet potato. Place the pieces in a dry kitchen towel and roll up tightly.
3. Grate the yam.
4. Trim and clean between the layers of the leek. Thinly slice the white part. Add leeks to the heated pan. Cook until beginning to turn golden.
5. Squeeze any excess water from the russet potato filled towel. Unwrap and add to the leeks. Stir in the grated yam and garlic. Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring about every 2 minutes, until the potatoes are tender, 9-10 minutes.
6. Season with salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Sprinkle with cheese!
Recipe & photo courtesy of Tara's Multicultural Table