1 tbsp butter, room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 large egg
1 cup mashed baked yam
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1. Preheat the oven to 425F and line pan with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugar and salt. Add in egg and yam. Stir until smooth.
3. Sift together flour and baking powder. Stir into yam mixture until flour is completely mixed in. Dough will be sticky, but it shouldn’t be wet - add a couple tbsp more flour if that’s the case.
4. On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough a few times before shaping it into a circle about 3/4″ thick. Cut the circle into 8 equal triangle shaped wedges and separate.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes or until golden.
Recipe & photo courtesy of 17 and Baking