6 tangerines (to make about a cup of puree)
1 cup sugar
3 cups almond meal/flour
1 tsp baking powder
confectioner's sugar for dusting
2. Roughly chop the tangerines and remove any seeds. Do this on a plate so you don't lose any jucie. Place it all in a food processor and blend until completely smooth.
3. Beat the eggs and sugar in a bowl until light and creamy. Fold in the almond meal, orange pulp, and baking powder until combined.
4. Pour into a greased 9" springform pan.
5. Baked for 50 - 60 minutes until lightly golden and a toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool on a rack for 10 minutes, then remove from pan to finish cooling.
8. Dust with confectioner's sugar and decorate with citrus zest if you like.
Recipe & photo courtesy of The View from the Great Island