3 cups water
1 ½ cup sugar
1 fennel bulb, halved and thinly sliced
1 lb warba potatoes, quartered
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon coarse salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a large sauce pan combine 3 cups water, sugar and fennel. Bring to a boil and reduce to a rolling boil. Cook for 1 hour.
3. While fennel is cooking, quarter potatoes and place in baking dish.
4. Add olive oil and salt. Toss to coat. 5. Bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Turn oven to broil.
6. Drain fennel and save the syrup. Add fennel to potatoes and coat with reserved syrup.
7. Put under broiler until browned. Serve!
Recipe & photo courtesy of Salted & Styled