3 medium sized parsnips
1/2 tsp paprika
pinch of cayenne pepper
salt & pepper to taste
1 tbsp arrowroot powder or cornstarch
1 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 450F. Wash the parsnips and remove any gnarly bits on the outside. Keep the skins on and pat dry with a towel.
2. Slice the parsnips into thick matchsticks trying to keep them all the same size to ensure even cooking.
3. Place in a large bowl and sprinkle with paprika, cayenne, and arrowroot. Season to taste and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Make sure all fries are well coated.
4. Arrange on an unlined, non-stick baking sheet, leaving space between each and drizzle with a touch of olive oil.
5. Place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, flip, and bake for another 15. They are ready when all sides are nice and brown and the tips are starting to get crispy.
Recipe & photo courtesy of Happy Hearted Kitchen