1/2 lb snow peas, trimmed
5 radishes, thinly sliced and cut into strips
1 1/2 tbsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp honey
salt & pepper to taste
1/4 cup canola oil
leaves from 2 fresh mint sprigs, cut into thin ribbons
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Fill a large bowl 2/3 full with ice water.
2. Add the snow peas to the boiling water and cook for 1 1/2 minutes. Drain the snow peas and then immediately plunge them into the ice water. Let stand for a minute or two, then drain and pat dry.
3. Cut the snow peas on the diagonal into 1 inch pieces and place in a bowl. Add in the sliced radishes.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, honey, salt & pepper. Slowly add in the oil, whisking to blend as you pour. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.
5. Add enough dressing to coat peas and radishes; you may not need it all. Add the mint to the salad and toss gently to mix. Serve!
Recipe & photo courtesy of Williams Sonoma