1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 stick unsalted butter at room temperature
2/3 cup plus 1 1/2 tbsp brown sugar, divided
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large egg
1/2 cup buttermilk or yogurt
1 ripe nectarine
1. Preheat oven to 350F, with the rack in the middle. Butter and sprinkle 1 tbsp of brown sugar into a 20cm round cake pan. Arrange your nectarine slices along the bottom of the pan.
2. Whisk together all dry ingredients. Set aside.
3. Beat butter and 2/3 cup sugar with mixer until fluffy. Beat in vanilla, and egg. Mix to combine.
4. On low speed, add the flour mixture in 3 batches, alternating with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour. It is important to not over mix.
5. With a spatula, spread batter over nectarines. Bake until cake is dark golden brown, and a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
6. Let cake cool for about 10 min, then flip onto serving plate. Enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of The Doctor's Kitchen