1 red onion, sliced
1 bunch black kale
2 cups boiled potatoes, diced
2 whole eggs
2 egg whites
½ tsp paprika
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp water
- Heat oven to 400F. Wash and trim kale. Blanch for 3 minutes in boiling water. Drain, squeeze dry and coarsely chop.
- Pour olive oil to coat medium cast iron skillet. Add red onion and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add blanched kale and garlic, stir for 5 minutes. Add in potatoes.
- Whisk together eggs, egg whites, 2 tbsp water and paprika. Stir in to potato and kale mixture.
- Cook over medium low heat for 1 minute. Transfer skillet to oven and bake until eggs are set and centre is slightly runny, about 6-8 minutes.
- Broil until top is golden, 1 minute.