- 10-15 good quality soft dates
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-2 tbsp of olive oil//brandy/vanilla (optional. I used brandy)
- some unsweetened cocoa more to roll the truffles
1. Remove pits from the dates and process them in a food processor together with cocoa powder until you get a smooth paste. If it’s too hard, you can add a bit of oil or alcohol. I used a bit of brandy just to give some extra flavor.
2. Once done, roll small pieces of paste between your palm to make truffles.
3. Roll them over some unsweetened cocoa and store in an air-tight container.
Recipe & photo courtesy of Inga's Sweeterie