3 cups cooked chickpeas
1 bunch dandelion greens, roughly chopped
1/2 walla walla onion, slivered
3 cloves garlic, minced
juice of 1 lemon
1 apple, chopped
1/4 cup grated parmesan
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place a medium pot of water over high heat until boiling.
2. Dump the greens into boiling water and blanch for one minute. Dandelion greens can be especially bitter so this blanching helps take some of the bite away. Pour the greens out into a colander and set aside.
3. Heat a large skillet up with olive oil on medium heat. Add the garlic and onions and cook for several minutes until softened.
4. Add in the cooked chickpeas for a few minutes to heat through. Add in the dandelion greens and cook for a minute. Squeeze in lemon juice and season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning if needed.
5. Pour out into a bowl and add in chopped apples and grated parmesan, stir until combined. Serves 4.
Recipe & photo courtesy of Lore